Berlin based artist, who puts charred full-sized human faces on the end of giant matches.
We asked Wolfgang 11 questions about his work process, inspiration and lifestyle.
1. What images keep you company in the space where you work?
Recent works and older works of mine
2. What was the first piece of art that really mattered to you?
Some early drawings the base of any good artist
3. What’s your favorite material?
I like materials, in general I don’t have any preference. whatever the project demands will determine my choice of materials
4. Who are your biggest influencers?
Francis Bacon and Alberto Giacometti
5. How do you choose the subjects for your works?
What ever interests me. But mostly the subjects are related to each other.
6. Your favorite cartoon character
7. What do you need to get started new artwork or project?
Mostly each new project is connected to the one before. I also work on several different projects at the same time. There is a certain kind of continuity.
8. 5 things you can’t live without
Air, water, food, sleep and books
9. Currently working on …
10. The place where you most want to hold an exhibition
Tate Modern in London
11. How long does it take to move from an idea to an artwork?
A drawing in an instant other works can take up to 20 years